Monday, June 30, 2008

What the hell is this?!

Starting.

Eu sou, I mean, I am Henrique Pinheiro. Born in Belo Horizonte, capital of the beautiful state of Minas Gerais, Brazil, 28 y.o., fan of the Mighty Bunnies (don't laugh), graphic designer and spending some time in Vancouver, Canada, in order to actually use my English language that so far had only been used in the absence of sub titles on screen and/or the SAP key on the remote control.


But, although, however, in the meantime, I was a little bit afraid that after 24 weeks abroad I could forget how to speak Portuguese, pouvez-vous comprendre? Capice?

So, I thought: why don't I keep a blog where, besides the preservation of my Portuguese-speaking heritage, I'll also have the chance of register my experiences and impressions? Perfect. Then the "Lado B" was born. But after hundreds and hundreds of emails - none - from the non-Portuguese-speakers people avid for my texts in English, I realized that it could be also a great chance of improve my English writing skills. Two times perfect.

"But A Side?" - may ask the prying reader. I'll explain, JohnnyEZ-O¹! Lado B in Portuguese means B Side, like those in the old LPs². So, what complete B Side is... come on... you can do it... YES! A Side.

A Side also provides "a side" of the story. My side, my point of view, with a Brazilian sense of humor, which, by the way, may be considered a little bit acid. Or sarcastic. Or cheesy. Or clever. Or raunchy. Or all of it. Or neither. It doesn't matter. In this little piece of cyber-land, I'm the one pulling the strings, so you can relax and have fun or leave and never come back.

So do whatever you please, but just don't take it personal, because that's not the point here. And if you don't find the jokes funny, you can always laugh on my Tarzanic-English writing style. =)

P.S.: Talking about a Tarzanic-English, any review on my grammar, spelling and general mistakes are more than welcome. English is not my first language. - Who am I trying to kid, I can't even write in my own language... =p
---
¹ A JohnnyEZ-O can be anyone. Kind of my personal way of saying John Doe.
² If you're born after 1980s, click here.

No comments: